Stop SOPA/PIPA

Monday, March 21, 2011

In previews (introduction)

Well, now I guess I have a theater blog. I figured I might as well give it a shot because I see so many performances each year that it's become impossible to keep track. I keep a running list, but it's hard to retain the details. Hence ...

I can't possibly have a theater blog as comprehensive, insightful, and hilarious as Jim's 100 Shows a Year, but this will help me if no one else.

In case you're wondering, I'm Mel from Boston, where I see several shows a year (generally at the New Rep and Huntington but occasionally at the Lyric, Speakeasy, Company One, and A.R.T. or national tour). But I see most of my shows in New York, where I have memberships at the Atlantic, MCC, and Vineyard this year (in the past Playwrights Horizons and Second Stage, too). I also see other Broadway and off-Broadway and smaller shows. On any given weekend, there's a better than 50 percent chance I'm on a Bolt or Megabus somewhere between Boston and New York. When I go in, I usually see two shows on Saturday and one (sometimes two) on Sunday.

I'm also a local-music fanatic, but that's another story entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment